Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 14 of 14

Thread: did anyone try to grow tomatoes this year?

  1. #11
    Inactive Member centennialdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2003
    Posts
    3,263
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: did anyone try to grow tomatoes this year?

    I didn't get mine from Bonnie. Mine were all heirlooms, old time tomatoes. I got them from the greenhouse in Jonesville. Never had a problem with them before. They were "old german and german queen" tomatoes. The guy told me that he grew them from seed. I have never had a problem with them before.

  2. #12
    Inactive Member Tucky's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 14th, 2009
    Posts
    34
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: did anyone try to grow tomatoes this year?

    I agree I think it was too much rain. Mine were growing and looking good them boom they all started to rot.

  3. #13
    Inactive Member Milk3's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 9th, 2008
    Posts
    2,212
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: did anyone try to grow tomatoes this year?

    My girlfriends dad planted 5 plants and got 10 good tomatoes out of them.
    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/MattMan7/redskins3.jpg[/img]
    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/MattMan7/6a00d83451ba6469e200e54f0eaffb8833-.gif[/img]
    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/MattMan7/unc1-1.jpg[/img]

  4. #14
    Inactive Member Jason's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 12th, 2002
    Posts
    3,146
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: did anyone try to grow tomatoes this year?

    I didnt have any problems with my tomatoes. One thing I did with a few plants was lay black plastic down. Cut holes to plant the plants in the middle. The plastic kept the tomatoes from touching the ground therefore keeping the rotting to a minimum. I even took 5 gallon buckets and cut holes in the bottoms to mimic the upsidedown tomatoes seen on tv. Planted the tomatoes in the bottom and even planted some peppers in the top.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •